41 BCS English Literature Preparation needs to learn more many literature. For you, we make it easy to read.
bcs book list by sushanta paul has been collected by Trick learn. We are ready to help you by proving bcs book list by sushanta paul. no one can talk better bcs book list by sushanta paul. This bcs book list by sushanta paul will help you to be abcs cadre. So please follow bcs book list by sushanta paul. read and make yourself better than other. Read and enjoy bcs book list by sushanta paul.
1. Another name of, “The Tragedy of Gorbodue”-Ferrex & porrex.
2. Character of Tempest- Calliban, Prospero, Arial.
3. A Ballad Stanza Generally contains- Four lines.
4. Winston Charchil got the Nobel- 1953.
5. Who is the father of English short story- Edgar Allan poe.
6. Andrea Del Sarto in Browning Dramatic Monologue was- A renowned painter.
7. The Epic odyssey was written by-Homer.
8. The latest literary ages in history is-The Georgian Age.
9. The Author of ‘Road to Freedom’- Bertrand Russel.
10. Who is a poet Laureate after wordsworth- Alfred Tennyson.
11. Vanity fair is a- Novel.
12. Matthew Arnold belongs to- Victorian Age.
13. Who is the Author of ‘A farwell to Arms’-Ernest Hemingway.
14. Who is the Author of ‘Animal Farm’- George Orwell.
15. Who said -‘A single step for man, a giant leaps for mankind’-Armstrong.
16. Who is the poet of the ‘Victorian Age’-Matthew Arnold.
17. Who is the Author of ‘India wins Freedom’- Abul Kalam.
18. Who is the Author of ‘ For whom the Bell Tolls’- Ernest Hemingway.
19. ‘When wisdom brings no profit, to be wise is to be suffer’- King Oedipus.
20. Who is the greatest modern English Dramatist- George bernard Shaw.
21. Music Sung or play at night below a person’s window-Serenade.
22. Caesar and Cleopatra is – A play of GB Shaw.
23. ‘Tom Jones’ by Henry fielding was first published in- The 1st half of 18th Century.
24. The Literary work ‘Kubla Khan’ is- a verse by Coleridge.
25. What was the real name of great American short story writer, ‘O Henry’-William Sidney Porter.
26. Claudius is the famous Character in- hamlet.
27. Gonerill is the famous character in -King Lear.
28. Who wrote ‘The old Bachelor’ & ‘Love for love’- William Congreve.
29. ‘A modest proposal’ is a famous work by- Jonathan swift
30. Who is known as poet of Supernaturalism-S.T. Coleridge
31. The first English Novel, ‘Pamela’ was writter by-Samuel Richardson
32. Romantic Poets are- John Keats, P.B Shelley & S.T. Coleridge
33. Who is not Romantic Poet- Jonathan Swift.
34. Who wrote ‘Troy Book’- John Lydgate.
35. What was the first great English Satire-piers Plowman
36. Who is not University wits- William Congreve
37. Who wrote ‘The Traveller & The Citizen of the World’-Oliver Goldsmith.
38. Who wrote ‘The False Alarms’ & preface to Shakespeare- Samuel Johnson.
39. who wrote the satircal poem ‘The Masquerade’- hennry Fielding.
40. My heart leaps up is a poem by- Wordsworth.
41. who wrote the poem ‘Child Harold’s pilgrimage’- Lord Byron.
42. Who wrote “The massacre at Paris”-Christopher Marlowe
43. Who is the famous for the theory of “Objective Co-Relative”-T. S. Eliot
44. Who translated the “Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam”-Edward Fitzgerald
45. What is a poem called whose first letters of each spell out a word- Acrostic
46. Who wrote the novel “Ulysses”-James Joyce
47. “Duncan” is the famous character in- Macbeth
48. Aldous Huxley was a poet, but was better known as what-Novelist
49. Who is a famous dramatic and also was a friend of Jonathan Swift-William Congreve
50. The Merchant of venice is a play about- A Jew.
51. From Which of the Shakespeare’s plays is this famous line: “Did my heart love till now?Forswear it, sight/for I never saw a true beauty untill this night”-Romeo & juliet.
52. who wrote the poem ” The white Peacock”- D. H. lawrence.
53. In “the Tragic history of Doctor Faustus”-Spanish Scholar.
54. The Georgian Period in English literature refers to-1914-1936.
55. “Ten Thousand saw I at a glance” is a figure of speech known as Hyperbole.
56. A lexicographer is a person who writes-Dictionaries.
57. “The falcon” is a comedy by- Alfred Tennyson.
58. The Statue of Ozymandias is-in a desert.
59. William Wordsworth is- a poet of nature.
60. G. B. shaw was a – Dramatist.
61. Who would be called the English Homer and father of English poetry-Jeofrey Chaucer
62. Helen of Troy was the wife of- Menelaus.
63. “Volpone” is written by- Ben Johnson
64. “England expects every man to do his duty”-Nelson.
65. What’s the Shakespeare 1st play-Henry VI
66. In Marlowe’s play, what was the name of the Jew of Malta- Barabas.
67. “The Birthday party is – an absurd drama.
68. Who is the Author od “The Caretaker”-Harold Pinter
69. Who is known as a poet of Sensuousness?-John Keats
70. Rensaissance means?-The revival of Learning
71. Who is the ‘University wits’-Christopher Marlowe
72. The Real name of Mark Twain was-Samuel Langhorne Clemens
73. Puritan Period belongs to-17 Century
74. Emile Dickinson is -an American poet
75. Who is the author of novel, ‘The Bluest Eye’-Tony Morrison
76. Cristabel is written by- S. T. Coleridge
77. Who says, ‘Reading Maketh a full name; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man’-francis Bacon
78. ‘Original romanticism’ is the character of- Elizabeth Age
79. Who wrote the poem, ‘The Sun Rising’-John Donne.
80. Who wrote the Heroic Epic, ‘The Rape of the Lock’-Alexander pope?
81. ‘The Battle of the books’ is written by-Jonathan Swift
82. ‘A short speech by a player at the end of a play’- An Epilogue
83. ‘To err is human, to forgive is divine’ is written by-Pope
84. The 1st English novel ‘Pamela’ is written by- Samuel Richardson
85. Which Philosopher had a particular influence on Coleridge?- Immanuel kant.
86. ‘The upright judge condemns crimes but he does not hate the ciminals.’ who said?-William Shakespeare
87. ‘Lycidas’ is an elergy written by- Milton
88. ‘Restoration period’ in English Literature refers to-1660
89. A long speech by one actor in a play or movie is called- Monologue
90. ‘The Alchemist’ is written by-Ben Jonson
91. Romantic poet- Charles lamb, J. Keats, W. Blake.
92. Which famous play does the quote, ‘When shall we three meet again/in thundar lightning or in rain’-Macbeth.
93. ‘Corruption wins not more than Honesty’ who said this-William Shakespeare
94. Which is magnum opus of Chaucer- The canterbury Tales.
95. Which of the following is the first novel of D.H Lawrence?-The white Peacock.
96. ‘The Secret Agent’ was written by?-Joseph Conrad
97. Who isknown as great master of verse?-John Milton
98. Romantic Age poet?- Lord Byron.
99. The Augustian Period in English literaturerefers to?- 1700-1745
100. Who wrote the novel, ‘Arcadia’-Sir Philip Sidney
101. Jane Austen’s Pride and prejudice is a- Domestic Novel.
102. Who wrote the Story, ‘The gift of the magi’- O’ henry
41 BCS English Literature Preparation